Before enrolling on this course you will need to have completed the Survival School Level 2, Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living practical training and assessment. These modules form the practical platform for the delivery of Linked National Curriculum Outdoors.
(If you have completed the Survival School level 2, Level 4, Level 5 assessment previously you can enrol straight onto this as an addition. All you need to do is send me a copy of your certificate.)
However an essential addition is:
The Outdoor Curriculum Qualification, Cost £155 per person
This includes all equipment, resources and certification, however the course is self-catering.
Please bring a packed lunch, refreshments and clothing appropriate for the outdoor environment.
This enables the learner qualified practical Instructor/ Practitioner to gain further qualification in areas that underpin in school independent delivery covering areas including:
- Unit 01 LESSON PLANNING
- Unit 02 RISK ASSESSING
- Unit 03 SITE PREPARATION SAFETY
- Unit 04 EQUIPMENT
- Unit 05 LITIGATION, EMERGENCY, ACCIDENT REPORTING
A day covering these modules is followed by learner’s submission of:
- An example of a Risk assessment you have created.
- An example of a National Curriculum linked Lesson plan you have created.
- A site/ venue inspection covering examples of area layouts and safety instructions.
- An example of how you intend to record/ report accidents, incidents and near misses.
The day will be led by the learners under the guidance of Level 4 and level 5 Instructors who have years of experience and are already delivering linked National Curriculum Outdoor topics in schools.
These staff will share knowledge, experience and cover all learning outcomes needed for you to gain this Qualification.
Kit list for the day
- Your typical carry instructor rucksack including first aid kit
- Note pad, pencil
- Appropriate clothing for the outdoors in any weather
- Any equipment you already own (don’t buy any) you feel would be useful when working with groups