You do not need much for a Survival School course. Please save your money and do not buy expensive kit. The more you know, the less you need to carry.
- Tarp / hammock/tent or shelter
- Food for two evening meals, two breakfasts and one lunch
- Stove for cooking
- Billy Can
- Sleeping bag
- Insulated sleeping mat
- Torch with fresh batteries & spare set
- Knife, fork, spoon, mug, bowl and plate
- Tea / coffee / whitener/ sugar etc
- Water bottle (1 litre mineral bottle will do)
- Wash kit & towel
- Personal toiletries & medication
- Antibacterial Wipes / Soap
- Small first aid kit (plasters, bandages, headache pills etc.)
- Spare change of clothing
- Suitable outdoor clothing (see below)
- Axe (If you have one please bring one – if not they will be supplied)
- Knife (If you have one please bring one – if not they will be supplied)
- Saw (If you have one please bring one – if not they will be supplied)
- Camp chair
Outdoor clothing should be tough and comfortable. Wearing several thin layers is better than a few thick layers. A waterproof jacket and several sweatshirts underneath are sufficient. Jeans should not be worn, as they are slow to dry, clinging and cold. Natural colours or camouflage will give you a better chance of spotting wildlife. Walking boots are ideal, but wellies in wet weather and trainers in dry weather will suffice.
Please pack your torch, antibacterial wipes/soap and insect repellent at the top of your bag.