Peak District Survival School operates as a virtual outdoor education company. This means we can deliver quality outdoor education activities and courses almost anywhere, ranging from your school or organisational site to remote areas in and around the Peak District and beyond without the additional on costs of structural buildings, land and on costs.
All activities and courses are led and organised by Mark Fox alongside a number of highly qualified and experienced instructors.
Our activities and courses focus on the learner and learning outcomes. By dedicating time to identifying group needs and delivering bespoke activities programme that will both challenge and support learning in a safe and effective environment. Through engaging with learning outside the classroom participants will have the opportunity to develop new skills, improve communication, learn respect for each other and the environment, build resilience and much more as part of their personal learning goals.
We are able to provide a range of activities for groups and school staff including:
- Team Building Activity
- Bouldering and scrambling
- Climbing. Abseiling
- Caving, mine exploration
- Buschcraft, Survival and Wilderness living activates
- Buschcraft and Wilderness Living Accredited Courses
- John Muir Awards
- Local expeditions
- Curriculum linked, Themed Days and External Visits
- Challenge ropes courses
- Local Expeditions (linear and round trip)
- Curriculum based studies including: Mini beast study, Pond study, Man on the moors, Canal study and river studies
- Study days in and around the Peak district including: Live stock market visit, visit a peak district sheep farm, visit a dairy farm, visit to mining museums, study tour Eyam, study tour of Monyash and study tour of Bakewell
- Cave and mining trips including: Blue John Cavern, Treakcliffe Cavern, Magpie Mine surface workings and Ecton Hill surface workings
- Scrambling around the Peak District including: Bouldering on the Roaches, Windgather Rocks, Hen Cloud and Ramshaw rocks
We can organise visits to local indoor climbing walls including: Awesome walls, Longton. Kiln works, Burslem and Worksworth climbing wall, Worksworth near Matlock
Adventurous Activities Licensing Service (AALS) Licence number: L13941 Provider reference number: R2462
Peak District Survival School can arrange Water based activities, however these will be sub-contracted to another AALS Licence holder locally.
Please get in touch to discuss your needs – Most activities can be delivered as a school visit which I would be happy to organise.