- Sunday Evening: Welcome and Safety Brief. Safe cutting techniques, setting up camp
- Monday: Intense firelighting session with the emphasis on lighting fires in wet weather. Followed by individual camp set up and game preparation. Axe proficiency.
- Tuesday: Jerky production, Charcloth production, Advanced fire lighting, water purification practical
- Wednesday: 101 things to do with a conifer – from root to needle (eat it, drink it, build it, glue it, light it)
- Thursday: Spoon or bowl carving, advanced game preparation and trap making
- Friday: The course finishes at around 12pm on the Friday
The Applied Wilderness Skills Course is designed to teach you how to live comfortably in remote parts of northern Europe. The itinerary may change depending on weather, but all subjects will be covered.
You will ideally need some experience of bushcraft and survival techniques, but not mandatory. We suggest you attend a course with a reputable school first. To make a booking, please call 07976931956